Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wrestle

So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak. Genesis 32:24 NIV

Some decisions can be difficult to make. The choice can be so tough that you end up tossing and turning all night. It's almost like you are wrestling with God.

There have been times in my life when I was unsure what I should do. It was hard to know if I should proceed ahead or just forget about it.

Sometimes I have asked God for a sign about whether I should do something or not. When it came time for us to get a bigger van, I didn't want to proceed without God's blessing. Through my experience of not following God, the last thing I wanted to do was get a loan or spend that much money without knowing God had my back.

So I prayed for a sign, after all Gideon did it. He wanted to make sure he heard God's plan right, so he prayed for God to send him proof so he knew what to do. I figured I could do the same. I asked if God could send me three teddy bears in strange places if we were supposed to proceed in the purchasing of a van. He sent me four, so I knew that it would be alright for us to purchase a van.

Wrestling with a decision isn't a bad thing, in fact it is in the wrestling that you can figure out God's plan. His good and perfect plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment