Monday, March 27, 2017

Focus

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter  of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God. Hebrews 12:2

Without my glasses, everything is out of focus. When I wake up I struggle to read the clock, not that I really want to know if it's two o'clock in the morning. If for any reason through out my day I have to remove my glasses nothing is clear. I squint and try to see, but unless it's a couple inches in front of my eyes it's no use.

Life at times can get out of focus. My day gets busy and I forget about what I need to do or taking the time to set my eyes on Jesus. My day gets a late start. Somehow I end up an hour behind schedule. My computer locks up. The kids misbehave and drive me crazy. I can't seem to get my mind focused on what is important. I go around in my fuzzy world wondering when will things get back into focus.

Even the last few days, my mind has been fuzzy and out-of-focus. My goal was to keep up with the Lenten word of the day and write about it, but I lost my focus and found myself busy with other things. Hoping today my mind will get less fuzzy and I can regain my focus.

After all, all that really matters is that I keep my focus on Jesus and everything else will fall into place.




No comments:

Post a Comment