Thursday, March 16, 2017

Retreat

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Matthew 6:6 NIV

My excitement is building as I await the time to head away for the weekend. I am participating in a spiritual retreat called a Walk to Emmaus.

On this walk we get to experience Jesus coming alive in us. As the weekend progresses we are shown His hands and feet and all the love He has shown each of us.

I originally went on my walk in October of 2000, since then my life has been different. After my walk I look at life a lot differently. Most of the time when problems arise I take it to the Lord. He is the one who can best solve my problems anyway.

One of the biggest changes, is me taking the time to actually read my Bible. Before I probably didn't even know where my Bible was. Now it sits beside me by the couch, so I can have easy access to it. In fact, I have read through it several times. Reading all those different stories fill my head and heart with glimpses of how amazing God is.

This weekend I hope I can retreat and draw even closer to God because with Him I know all things are possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment