Monday, March 20, 2017

Burden

And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to you in any one, for the brothers who came Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way , and will continue to do so. 2 Corinthians 11:9 NIV

After my grandpa passed away, my grandma set plans for the rest of her life. I remember celebrating her birthday and all of her children were there, she told them her plans. She didn't want to be a burden on anyone.

It was apparent the older she got the more she had to rely on others. She moved into an assisted living apartment where two meals a day were provided for her. She continued to drive herself to her card clubs and lived her life. She even made trips across the country.

A couple of years later, it became apparent that she needed more assistance. So with some hesitancy, she moved into my uncle and aunt's home. They took good care of her and even dealt with her little quirks (you know we all have them). I don't believe they ever thought of her as a burden. We were all grateful for the love and care they gave her.

When need to try and live a life where we aren't a burden either. Trust in Him, the provider of all our needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment