Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Wilderness

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 NIV

My family and I decided to explore the wilderness that surrounded our camper. We followed a trail and trekked up the mountains. All was going well until we came to a fork in the path. My husband wanted to go one way and I wanted to go the other. I felt like it was the right way to go.

We disagreed on which way to go for quite awhile. The main reason we were disagreeing was because we left the map back at the camper. We had thought there would only be one path to take and it would be good. I really didn't want to end up lost in the wilderness.

Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to choose which way would be the best way? Were you afraid of being lost in the wilderness? The wilderness can be scary and overwhelming when you can't see which is the clear path to take. There are trees, bushes, and vines blocking the view. What should you do?

That time on the trial I didn't feel afraid especially if we went the way I felt we should go. After our brief discussion my husband hiked back to the camper to retrieve the map. Turns out the way I wanted to go was the right path to take. We wondered up and down mountains and ended up walking down 700 steps to see a beautiful water fall.

Our path through the wilderness brought us to a glorious sight because we trusted in our guide, not only the map but the one true guide who can lead us out of all our troubles! Allow Him to lead you through the wilderness without fear because He is with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment