Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Forgiveness

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name. Acts 10:43 NIV

How quick are you to ask for forgiveness when you've made a mistake? This is one of the hardest things for me to do. I guess it's because of my pride. I don't want to admit when I've been wrong. I guess I enjoy being right. My husband will say you aren't happy unless you get the last word in. Sometimes that's true, mainly it's because I don't feel he's truly listening to me and I'm not sure if my point was made.

The thing is being forgiven is refreshing. Instead of being weighed down we are freed from the burden of the guilt we feel.

Sometimes though it is easier to seek forgiveness from a stranger than those close to you. I don't know how many times I've accidentally bumped into someone, and how quick I am to say "I'm sorry." But if I done something wrong to my husband or kids it takes me a lot longer to apologize. Shouldn't they be the one's I want to tell I'm sorry too?

I mean I teach forgiveness to my day care kids. One of them hits or kicks and I make them apologize right away even when he/she tells me "no" (there's that pride). Then I make the one he/she hurt say "You're forgiven." I want them each to be able to move on and be friends again. If only I could seek forgiveness from others as easily.

The One though that I have no problem seeking forgiveness from is always ready to hear me say "please forgive me, I didn't mean to do that." He actually wipes it away and remembers it no more. Isn't that great! The one I need to please the most, is the one who doesn't remember my transgressions. If only those around me wouldn't remember the mistakes I made, maybe then it would be easier to apologize.


No comments:

Post a Comment