Sunday, March 12, 2017

Love

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1a NIV

The words that came out of his mouth did not indicate that there was any love for me. In fact, what was said to me broke my heart and made me feel worthless.

I could have let this bring me down. I could have dwelt on the words that were said to me. Instead, I know I have a heavenly Father that loves me. He loves me so much that his love is lavished on me. His love is so thick that it's generously given.

This weekend I will have the chance to serve once again at a Walk to Emmaus. This is a spiritual retreat where one is shown through the hands and feet of others the unconditional love of Christ. It is at this walk where I experienced a glimpse of heaven, and I came home knowing how much God loves me.

Every time I serve I am able to be God's hands and feet, and help others see how much God loves them. I try to do this in my every day life as well. Someone does not need to attend a Walk to Emmaus to know God loves them, but God's love is surely shown there.

I hope my actions and words help others to know. I am not perfect and sometimes something will pop out of my mouth that may bring someone down. So I guess I can understand when someone says something to me that hurts. This helps me to forgive and move on because I know that God's love for me is so thick words hurt me for a short time, but I reflect on God's words and remember all he has done.


No comments:

Post a Comment