Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Healing

Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment. Matthew 9:22 NIV

"My lungs hurt," I thought as I tried to breathe. I asked God what should I do, and I felt led to go to the doctor. Funny, how after a trip to the doctor we expect an instant healing like the doctor is some kind of miracle worker. My instant healing didn't come, I felt tired and miserable for a couple of weeks and the cough still lingers on.

Of course during this time I prayed for healing and I wanted it instantly, but God had other plans. I am very grateful that my sickness didn't linger on for months or years like some people I know. I feel sometimes like I don't have the right to ask for healing when so many people are so much sicker than I was. I am very grateful to be better even if I have to deal with a persistent cough.

Why do we expect to feel better instantly? Is it because of this instant world we live in. I mean everything can be done in a matter of minutes. I pull out my phone and look up home remedies for the symptoms I'm having at almost the time they start, I can have answers at my fingertips without waiting days and days.

The thing is healing can come differently. God will heal, it's just a matter of when. I once heard a message that I haven't forgotten. He taught us about the different ways of healing.

Sure there are the miraculous healings. I experienced this once, I ended up trapped between the top of my hutch and the bottom of my hutch. When I was rescued my ribs hurt, I was sure I cracked one or at least bruised one. Some friends prayed over me and when I went to the doctor I was healed, nothing was broken or bruised and the pain had disappeared.

There are also medical healings. I have also experienced this. I had a sharp pain in the upper right side of my chest. The pain was so intense that I couldn't even stand up right. My husband took me to the hospital and they discovered it was my gallbladder. I ended up with surgery to remove it, and after recovering I was as good as new.

There are also helaings that happen in heaven. I haven't been healed there yet, but a friend of ours has. He suffered and fought the good fight here on earth, but it soon became heart breakingly obvious that his healing would not take place here, it would take place in the arms of Jesus. It was hard to let him go, but now we know he is no longer in pain and his body is healed.

I think the most important healing though needs to begin in your heart. Your heart is where your faith begins. It is accepting this gift that Jesus gave us to help set us free. The hardest healing is only twelve inches away; the measure from your head to your heart. This healing is instant.




No comments:

Post a Comment