Monday, March 20, 2017

Home

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching, My Father, will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." John 14:23 NIV

It takes awhile to plan a trip, for me anyway, I like to figure out where we are going, where we will stay, and what we will do. The excitement builds as all of the plans begin to come together and the days draw closer to when we finally get to leave.

Funny thing though, once we are away I begin to miss my home, I miss my bed, my couch, my pets, my day care kids... I love being away, but there is nothing like returning home and sleeping in your own bed.

Jesus traveled a lot in three years. He really didn't have a place to call home. His home was wherever His Father sent Him. He made His home with God, so He was content.

A home is so much more than four walls. If we come to Jesus, love Him and obey His teachings then He will make His home with us. If Jesus is with us, then we can be at home wherever we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment