Thursday, March 30, 2017

Presence

Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with joy of your presence. Psalm 21:6 NIV

Most of us have heard the poem, "Footsteps in the Sand." This poem talks about someone seeing his walk with God as they walked along the beach. He noticed two sets of footprints, but during the saddest and hardest times in his life he only noticed one set. He wondered why, and the Lord said, "It was then that I carried you."

There have been times in my life when it felt like God was far away from me. I wondered if I had done something to drive him away. I'd pray and I'd call out, but I didn't get an answer. "What was going on?" I wonder. I know God's presence is with me, but why doesn't He respond.

There have been other times when I've heard clearly what God was doing. His presence was always known to me. I knew what I should be doing.

Sometimes it's hard to understand God's presence. After all, God is omnipresent. This means He is present everywhere at the same time. How is that even possible?

The easiest way for me to explain it is, God is like the air. There is air everywhere. We can't see the air, but we know it's there because we breath it in and breath it out. We have no doubt that air exist. We don't question how we have air here in America and they have air in Australia. We just trust that there is air.

God presence works the same. He is everywhere, he knows all things, and He is in all things. So even when we don't feel Him close, He's there. Even when you say, "there is no God." His presence is there. He is always wooing us to Him and hoping one day we will chose Him. He leaves that decision up to us. His presence His real, just trust in Him like you trust that there's air.


No comments:

Post a Comment