Friday, March 3, 2017

Examination

Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. Lamentations 3:40 NIV

Alright everyone, please get out a clean sheet of paper and a pencil, we're going to have a pop quiz!

Just kidding.

But do you ever sit and ponder about your life? I find myself doing this when my birthday is approaching or the beginning of a New Year. I think about what I've done since my last birthday and ask myself, "Am I better off?" As I approach the new year, I ask myself, "is there anyway I can improve?"

Examining our lives sometimes happens on a daily basis. We feel bad when we've done something wrong. We might feel joyous over something that went right. Sometimes we examine our relationships and wonder if they are working out, especially when there has been a disagreement. We examine if we are raising our kids right, did we do everything we could to make our children productive adults? I wondered this each time one of our children entered adulthood.

Maybe at times we examined our life and wondered, "what can make it better?"

For me for my life to be better I need to return to the Lord. Usually, when things aren't going so well it's because I haven't been reading the Bible or praying. I've ended up too busy and eliminated the one thing that keeps me grounded. Why do I do this? I know the Lord is the one who guides me, but sometimes distractions come in or my schedule is messed up and I drift away.

Lucky for me the Lord has drifted away or gotten to busy for me. He is always right there waiting for me, so I can pass the exam.

He's right there for you too, so examine your life and come to the Lord. He'll be happy to have you! This is one exam you can ace!




No comments:

Post a Comment