Thursday, March 23, 2017

Seeds

I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made ti grow. 1 Corinthians 3:6 NIV

It's that time of year again, the time to plant seeds and hope something will spout. When we first started planting a vegetable garden, we would clear the land, up turn the soil, and create our rows. We would carefully plant our seeds, water, and care for them until the weeds over took them.

Now we get some potting soil and pots then we plant our seeds. It doesn't really matter which way we do it, our outcome is the same.

We plant beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, peppers, carrots, lettuce, cantaloupe, and several others. Every year most of the time we get the plants to grow and some of them grow pretty big. But no matter how big the plant is we only produce beans, well once we got a carrot the size of my pinky. The other plants will get their flowers and we hope for success and yet we get nothing. I guess we all have brown thumbs.

I hope I have more success on planting God's seed, not that I always see the crop. I believe God has called me to help plant His seed in the hearts of children. I try to teach them everyday something about Him and how much He loves each one of them. I try my best to show God's love to them, I'm pretty sure I've forgiven them enough times, corrected them enough times, and loved them enough times to show I care for them.

Occasionally, I get to see the fruit grown from the seed when one of them shares how she told her friend about God, when I ask I question and they can answer it, or when I spill something and one of them says, "It's OK, God still loves you."

We are called to help plant God's seed. His seeds of love, forgiveness, grace, and mercy. Hopefully, these seeds will help produce a crop of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.


No comments:

Post a Comment