Monday, March 20, 2017

Brokenness

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Psalm 51:17 NIV

My brokenness came the day I was served the papers at the door. This was when I realized I couldn't do it on my own. I needed someone to fix the problem I made. God came through in amazing ways.

Of course my journey on the path hasn't always be perfect. It became easy to slip into my old ways, spending money on things that weren't important and not paying my bills first. It took more of me being broken before I could completely change.

There was another time to go into court to prove we were current on our mortgage payments. After surrender to God again and admitting that I had messed up one more time, God came through in big ways.

The mortgage company had issued a complaint that we weren't current. I worked hard before the court date to get everything caught back up, and I was able to do it. My husband and I prayed together that God would shine through.

He did in a big way! It came our turn in front of the judge, our lawyer said that we were current. The judge then asked the mortgage company to prove this. Their lawyer said, "Um, well we weren't able to print any information due to computers being down." The judge dismissed everything.

When we left there we felt God's love and forgiveness. After that I made it my number one goal to pay our mortgage every month no matter what. Paying the mortgage took priority over everything else.

My brokenness has taught me that with God all things are possible. He will forgive me over and over no matter how many times I screw up, He keeps no record of wrongs. Of course this brokenness came with a change in my behavior and the way I did things, because without that there is really not true repentance.

How much brokenness will it take before you let God put you back together?





No comments:

Post a Comment