Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Faith

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea', and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:21-22

Faith is a wonderful thing. Faith is complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

For some of us faith is pretty simple. I mean we have faith that the person in the other car is going to stop at the red light. We have faith that our mail will arrive where we sent it. We have faith that our alarm clock will go off on time so we're not late for work.

For me faith is much deeper than that. I have faith in God. I believe He will do what He promise He will do. I also believe in what He has already done. I believe He created the world and everything in it, as well as the entire universe. I believe He parted the Red Sea and the Jordan River. I believe He sent His son Jesus to become the ultimate sacrifice, and I believe He rose from the dead and conquered death so we could enter heaven. I know that when I die I will be in heaven walking with God and Jesus.

My life is changed because I have this faith. This morning God even showed me, how much He cares about us. As I was preparing things for the dinner at church tonight. I noticed that our freezer didn't contain a new bag of chicken which I thought my husband had bought yesterday. "Well, He must have put it in the other freezer," I thought. So I checked there, no chicken. So I simply texted my husband to ask if he had bought the chicken. I went about what I was working on and waited for a reply. None came and soon I had this thought that I needed to look in the van. I ignored it for a few more minutes, but soon went to the van and guess what I found. The chicken! Luckily, this chicken is bought frozen, so it was still cold.

Now finding chicken may not seem like faith, but for me it was God prompting me so that we didn't lose out on the $20 it costs to buy this bag of chicken. I have asked God to help us be good stewards with the resources He gives us, and He was simply helping me out.

So please stop doubting in this loving God. He cares for you and for all the little details that make up your life even a bag of chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment