Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Beloved

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders. Deuteronomy 33:12 NIV

Some mornings that first look in the morning can be pretty scary. Other mornings I think, "hey, not to bad must have been a restful night." As I glance in the mirror throughout my day I wonder, "what in the world happened? Did I really welcome people into my home with my hair looking like this?"
Truthfully, I don't spend a whole lot of time on my hair. I like the wash, brush, and go look.

There have been times when I've felt alone or abandoned. Everyone seems to be busy with their own agendas and it seems that their schedule doesn't include me. Or maybe they just don't want to be around me because of my walk with Christ. I will text people messages during the day and they don't respond (even my own children). At these times, I do not feel cherished or loved even by those closest to me.

Luckily for me, I am always dearly loved. There is someone who always keeps His eye on me. He always listens to me. He gives me words of comfort and loves me unconditionally. So it doesn't matter how I look that day or who pays attention to me-I am His beloved and I can rest in His loving embrace. Each one of you is beloved too. The very same God who created everything created YOU! You can rest in His loving embrace.


No comments:

Post a Comment