Monday, March 13, 2017

Prayer

Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2 NIV

At first I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Was I hearing God right? I mean I was already praying for people by name, wasn't that enough?

Apparently not, God kept nudging me. Finally, I did it. I texted one of the people who God have given me to pray for and he responded. "Now that wasn't so bad, was it?" No, it wasn't bad at all.

So I began a list of five different people, God put on my heart, everyday plus my husband, and this new journey began.  Not everyone on my paper responds, maybe they aren't quite sure what to do and after a few tries I get another name on my heart. Maybe they feel prayer needs are a private thing or maybe they are afraid I will share with others. Maybe they think I am being nosy.

The reason I have started asking is because God put it on my heart to do it. I mean I was praying for them anyway, isn't better to know what their prayer needs are.

I look forward to hearing from the different people and being able to pray for them in a special way. It's even more special when the people I ask, "How can I pray for you this week?" turn around and ask me. It doesn't hurt to have a prayer warrior team on your side.

So if you receive a message from me asking, "How can I pray for you this week?," know that I will be praying for you and that prayer request is between God, you, and me. Prayer is a powerful thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment