Saturday, March 4, 2017

Empty

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 1 Peter 1:18-19 NIV

I don't know about your house, but at our house it seems that the trash can will be overflowing with garbage and no one cares to be the one to take it out. Everyone kind of walks by it and either completely ignores it or will shove one more piece of trash into it.

Why do we do this? Mostly because it's not trash day and apparently the trash can can't be emptied until trash day. Watch out when we don't have a trash day because of a holiday or because we missed it, we don't even want to talk about what happens then.

Have you ever had anything from your past that you've needed to empty yourself of? Past hurts or disappointments can be hard to get rid of.

There have been things that have happened to me that I really like to be emptied of. In my heart, I know I need to forgive the one who hurt me and let go of what happened. I really believe I have forgiven that person and have moved on. Then something happens again and all the past pains resurface.

How do I get past this? I can't completely ignore it. I don't need to shove anymore thoughts into it. I need to be redeemed by the precious blood of Christ and completely empty myself of this old garbage. When I am finally able to empty myself of these past hurts, I have more room to fill myself with the preciousness of Christ and with Him I can overcome!





No comments:

Post a Comment