Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Freedom

Now the Lord is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV

"I could hear it coming another big truck, is it a tow truck to take my van away? Whew, it went on past."

"A knock on the door, could it be the foreclose notice or we going to have to leave our home? Where would we go and with three young children? Will my husband take the kids and abandon me? After all I didn't spend our money wisely. He trusted me to keep the bills paid and keep track of everything and I've failed."

These were the thoughts that used to go through my mind constantly several years ago. I wasn't living the way I should have. I spent money in ways I shouldn't have. I maxed out credit cards. There was nothing left. I was stressed and worried about everything.

The day I worried about most arrived with a knock at the door telling me, "You have been served." I signed his form, he handed me the papers, and he left. What was I going to do now? My husband knew our finances were bad, just not this bad.

I did the only thing I could. I fell on my knees and I surrendered this situation to God. I poured my heart out and asked him to save my home.

I found freedom that day! He sent me a way to fix everything. No, He didn't send me a big check. He sent me the solution and with His guidance I followed His plan.

Of course before the solution could begin, I had to confess and tell my husband. He took it well and together, God, my husband and me began our journey to true freedom.



No comments:

Post a Comment