Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Confession

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 NIV

Some of you read this word and think of having to go to a church and step in a little room with a chair and say something like, "Bless me father, for I have sinned." After that you confess all the things you have done.

My experience is a lot different.

I stood there near the salad bar waiting while my parents paid the bill. I'm not sure exactly what drove me to do it, except that I enjoy salty, crunchy food. When no one was looking I grabbed a crouton and ate it. Right after that we left. I had this gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach. I tried to sleep, but the stealing of that crouton kept me tossing and turning all night. I tried to reason it out, I mean we did pay to eat there. It was only one little crouton, who cared? Finally, when I couldn't take the guilt a moment longer I prayed to God, "I'm sorry I took the crouton. I won't ever do it again." My life of stealing croutons ended there.

One of the hardest things I had to confess was after I pleaded for help from God and confessed what I had done wrong. God wanted me to confess to my husband. Confessing to God was one thing, but actually admitting to someone else I'm not perfect was even harder. Luckily, my husband heard my confession and together with God we worked out a solution.

When guilt eats at you, one of the best solutions is to confess it all to God. He will forgive you and help you move on. Another great thing is, He will remember your sins no more! He wipes away your transgressions and makes it as white as snow. Go ahead, give it a try. Trust in the One who can make it all better.


No comments:

Post a Comment