Thursday, April 6, 2017

Transform

Do not conform the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2 NIV

I'm sure some of you have seen the movies transformers where a car transforms into a robot. I haven't actually watch any of them myself, but I believe my boys had a couple of the toys. Either way, the vehicle becomes changed, different.

To transform means to change, to become different. We can become transformed in many different ways. Sometimes we become better and sometimes we become worse.

Those who become addicted to drugs or alcohol become transformed into someone their loved ones don't even recognize. They can become mean or aggressive. Sometimes they begin to steal and they may even become abusive. How many times have we heard, "He used to be such a good boy, I don't understand what happened."

Sometimes we transform to the surroundings around us. People just begin accepting certain behaviors and soon it becomes common. There was a day when someone said: "Oh what the f***," he/she would look at you an apologize. Now that word and words like it have somehow become casual words and no one is sorry. The phrase "Oh my God" has also become very common, even though we are calling on the name of God.

This past weekend I got to hear stories about how 33 women's life were transformed by their Walk to Emmaus weekend. These women shared over and over again, how they now see the world through I different pair of lenses. They are handling the pressures of life differently, not reacting negatively much like they used too. There lives have been transformed by the renewing of their mind.

I shared the same experience about seventeen years ago. Hearing and experiencing God's love for me was definitely a life transformation. It has helped me grown closer to God and help me become a new person. I not only renewed my mind but my heart has transformed as well.

This weekend experience is not a cult or anything weird, it's simply a weekend to help each of us become closer to God and feel His unconditional love for us. If you ever have the opportunity to take a Walk to Emmaus GO! It is something you won't regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment