Monday, April 10, 2017

Prepare

This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: "A voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight paths for him'" Matthew 3:3 NIV

Most of the time I am prepared and ready for things I need to get done by the time I need to have them ready. There are times though when something sneaks up on me and I am not as prepared as I thought I should be. This can make me feel a bit overwhelmed and ill-equipped.

Through out our lives we prepare a lot of things. We prepare as best we can for the birth of a child. We pick out the crib, the sheet patterns, and the way we want this little one's room to look. Some of us get to know if we are having a boy or a girl. We pick out clothes, toys, and the latest safety features. We go to Lamaze classes so we can know what labor will be like and how to deliver our little one safely. All this preparation and then the little one arrives and we may seem completely lost at what to do now.

This past weekend I prepared a cake. I followed the recipe and made chocolate cake. Then after it was finished I followed another recipe to turn it into a caramel cake. Let me say, I will be preparing this one again.

Once I prepared pancake batter only to discover after the pancakes were made, I mistakenly put in salt when it should have been sugar. No amount of syrup could prepare me for that first bite of pancake.

This season of lent I was prepared to write daily about the word for the day. Somehow I am seven days behind. I was not prepared how busy and tired I ended up last week. My quiet time with God turned into a siesta with the Lord, and my other free times ended up with some behavior problems with the kids. It's not a problem because maybe I wasn't prepared to write about prepare until today.

Anyway, this week I am prepared to celebrate what Jesus did for each one of us. Some of the story is hard to hear, but I know Jesus did what he did because of his love for each one of us. So even though the story is tough, the ending is glorious. So prepare to celebrate a risen Savior!


No comments:

Post a Comment