Friday, April 28, 2017

Passion

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:24-25 NIV

Almost daily on the news I hear what people are passionate about. Today it was staying up to see the football draft and what it meant for his team. Other times it's someone rescuing dogs from an unsafe situation. Or protesters trying to make known where their passion lies.

What are you passionate about? What can you barely control your temper about when what your passionate about is wronged?

I am passionate about serving God. I want to do everything I can to please Him. Maybe sometimes it seems I am over passionate, especially when I've spent 17 of the last 20 days at church. Some weeks are like that, especially around Easter and Christmas. But hey, I wouldn't have any other way.

I also have a passion for teaching children how much God loves them and He wants what is best for them and so do I. It would be so much easier though if these kids would just get the message the first time and then maybe I wouldn't have to repeat myself so much.

I have a passion for my family. I love when we get to spend time together and play crazy games. In fact, this week a received a call from one of my cousin's excited that she should be able to get to Florida more so we can spend time as a family. I can't wait!

My passion is for the Lord and doing all He asks of me. My hope is that each of us can claim this.


No comments:

Post a Comment