Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Choice

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 NIV


Funny thing about life it is full of choices. You wake up and you can choose to hit the snooze button or get out of bed. You get to choose what you will wear for the day and what you want for breakfast.

Throughout the day we can choose how we will react to different situations. We can choose which path to take to work. I usually choose to walk down the hall way and head to the kitchen. Then I can choose if I am in the mood to exercise, how long I want to exercise, and which work out video I want to watch.

When the kids misbehave I can choose how much I yell or which punishment they should get. When my husband has a bad attitude, I have a choice as to whether or not I have a bad attitude back. Sometimes I succeed in not reacting, but other times not so well. It really upsets me when he tells me, "stop talking." When I have something to say, he better not try to silence me that just gets me going. Sure I can choose to listen and obey, but it is hard when I need to speak my mind.

There is one choice each one of us gets to make from the time we are born. The Israelites heard this a lot, "choose today whom you will serve." Sometimes they got it right, other times they'd mess up. The good news is even when they messed up, they got the chance to choose again. No matter who we are, where we are born, or where we live we all get a choice. It's the same choice the Israelites had,"to choose today whom you will serve."

Will you serve the TV? Video games? Money? The latest fad? Or will you choose to serve the Lord? 

As for me and my household we will choose the Lord! It's one choice I don't regret.









No comments:

Post a Comment