Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Hope

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not feel faint. Isaiah 40:31 NIV

When I saw this word for today, immediately one of my favorite verses popped in my head. I like this verse because it tells us what happens when we hope in the Lord, our strength become renewed. Some days I need a lot of strength to get through.

Hope for me is believing that something is going to happen to change what's happening now. My hope comes from trusting in God to see me through. He has done it over and over again.

A few weeks ago I had to keep my friend's hopes alive as it seemed everything was falling apart. Her family and her were about to become homeless. The money had run out and they were losing their home. They looked and looked for a new place to move to, but with bad credit the chances of getting a place were growing slimmer.

She'd call me asking for prayers, and her husband and her prayed together hoping each place they looked at might be the one they could call home. One day when she inquired about a place she asked some questions and realized that renting a home was going to be near to impossible.

They took a chance on an apartment. Her husband called a place thinking it was one place and it turned out to be another. There were certain things they needed the apartment to have and they wondered about being approved, and as they looked at this place all the criteria was met. One of the ironic things was my friend actually knew the manager from years back. Through God's grace they were approved and some how God provided the money for the large down payment they needed to make.

This family has a new place to call home. God provided it for them because they put their trust in Him even though they had messed up. God renewed their strength and now they can soar on wings like eagles.


No comments:

Post a Comment