Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Fear

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

The winds were howling. Rain pounded against the windows and side of the house. Water began to seep in through the foundation. The power went out. Fear began to grip me, I wasn't sure if we were going to make it through this hurricane in one piece.

Then a song from Vacation Bible School filled my mind, "Do not fear for I am with you, do not be afraid, do not fear for I am with you, this is the choice that you make, so don't be afraid." As I looked at my frighten children and husband huddle on the couch I knew we had nothing to be afraid of.

The water stopped coming in and the storm soon passed. We were safe once again.

There have been other times in my life when I have felt fear and each time it tries to grip me, I am reminded of that song. This song brings me comfort as I face the frightening situation.

There is no reason to fear because God is on my side. Even in the most frightening of situations He can get me through it one way or another. So step out in courage with God by your side.


No comments:

Post a Comment