Tuesday, September 2, 2014

God's Not Dead

God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I am has sent me to you. Exodus 3:14

God is God, He has always been and will always be. He is with us in the good times and He is with us in the bad. He is with us even when we don't acknowledge him.

Last night I watched "God's Not Dead," I was surprised by how easily a class could write on a piece of paper God is dead and then sign their name to it. It seemed as though most of them didn't even hesitate. Is it that easy to deny God? Is it that easy to go with the crowd?

It made me think, how easy am I influenced by what the crowd is doing? Last weekend I found myself digging in to lunch without a thought to thanking God for my food. The day before I paused to thank God before I ate when a blessing wasn't offered.

A messily 24 hours later and I simply just started feeding my face. Luckily, I realized it before my meal was finished and thank God. It didn't stop me from feeling guilty about it.

So I guess I can understand how everyone except one in the class simply signed a paper just so they wouldn't upset the professor. It was exciting to see how Josh did his research and followed the prompting of the Holy Spirit(God). He presented his case and because of him a life was changed.

I know God's Not Dead because He lives in me. I can see Him in the sunrise, I can see him in the way the waves hit the beach, and I can see Him in my friends around me.



God was here before He created the world and will be here long after we're gone. He loves you and wants to have a relationship with you. Don't be afraid to stand up for Him. He will guide the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment