Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Do What?

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV

The cry out in the middle of the night.

The desperate call for help when everything else has been tried.

Is this when you pray? When there seems no hope and the only solution could be God.



The recited prayer..

Now I lay me down to sleep...

Our father who art in heaven...

Is this how you pray? When you don't know what to say.

The prayer in the car.

The quick prayer at work.

Is this where you pray? When you can do it quickly.

The thing is it really doesn't matter when, how or where you pray. The important thing is you're praying. Prayer is simply having a conversation with God. Yes, a conversation; which means you have to take the time to listen.

God is omnipresent which means He is always there. He can hear the desperate prayer. He can hear a child's prayer. He loves to hear from each of us. He loves it when we pray together or alone.

I manage most days to set aside time for prayer, but that's not the only time I pray. I have learned to pray anytime, anywhere. Sometimes my husband is wondering whom I'm talking to when I'm in the shower, since apparently my praying was being done out loud.

Prayer can make all the difference. Take the time to pray, it's so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment