Tuesday, September 9, 2014

On This Date

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12 NIV

Which Disney character are you most like?

What 1970's sitcom are you most like?

Do you really know ALL the Frozen songs?

I have seen these surveys as they pop up on Facebook, and yes on occasion I do participate in them. I find it kind of interesting, and sometimes even try to answer the questions a certain way because I want a certain desired outcome.

I rarely share my findings on Facebook, I just read them have a laugh and move on with my day. Even though I was proud to know I am a Southern Girl. I wouldn't of wanted it any other way y'all.

This past week though I was a bit disturbed to see a few people post a tombstone with a "predicted date" of when and how he/she would die. I am sure each one did it for fun, but it kind of made me sad.

Deep down I know nobody knows the day he/she will die, just like we really don't know the day someone is going to be born a due date is just a prediction. Yeah, I know sometimes a schedule cesarean or induction needs to take place but we still don't know exactly.

I mean what would I do knowing the day I'm going to die. Would I make that bucket list? Would I sit around just thinking about that day? Would I try to get everything done I could possibly get done?

I sort of experienced this. For some reason as a teen some friends of mine had these cards, at least I think it was cards. We played some silly game and during it someone "predicted" that my boyfriend at the time would die in a car crash in his twenties.

This really disturbed me. I had big plans for our future together and his early death would not fit well with those plans. Eventually we got married, and it took a lot of faith and praying that they were wrong. I tried to put it at the back of my mind, which I would manage until he'd be late and then that prediction would creep back into my thought process.

I praise God that their prediction was just a silly one, and that it never came true. I mean he's twice as old as that now. Shh! Don't let him know that I said he was old.

Anyway it's my belief that we are to live each day to the fullest, trying to do God's will. Everyday I get up pretty much knowing what my day is going to be like, but sometimes God throws in surprises. Just yesterday He sent a full rainbow that many of us got to enjoy. It's not very often when we get to see the beauty of a full rainbow. If one rainbow wasn't enough God managed to put a double full rainbow in the sky.

Life is full of uncertainties, the one thing we can know for sure is that God loves us and he has great plans for each of our lives. We just need to seek his wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. So true, Diana! And I am grateful the prediction didn't prove true. We all must be careful about the words we send into the air and into the ears, minds and hearts of others...written or spoken. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete