Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Broken Down

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit and a contrite heart, O God you will not despise. Psalm 51:17 NIV

There are weeks when I wonder, "How will I make it through?"

Thursday was the worst day. I felt broken, down and lost.

Parents decided to put their child in another day care program; income down.

A friend's son was really sick again, almost to the point of hospitalization. Wellness lost.

Licensing inspector comes and writes up for standing water in the yard. (It's only rained two to three inches for the past fourteen days). Frustration mounds.

People upset. Broken.

God works His message to me in strange ways.

I had a handle break off of a pan I use a lot. I saw the pan as not useful. The brokenness of the pan left me not wanting it anymore.


My daughter's turn to cook, she takes the pan and uses it.

"Why are you using that, it's broken?"

"It has another handle, I'll just use that one." A use for something broken.

My glorious father in heaven, saw me as broken this week. He didn't toss me aside like I did with the pan. He comforted me by refilling my soul with praise music and friends who listen.

He let me know He can still use me even though my handle may have fallen off, and I might have had a rough week. Still I am His daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment