Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New Friends

Did not he who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same one form is both in our mothers? Job 31:15 NIV

Only one more day!

Tomorrow evening I begin an adventure, one I have praying and planning for. That wasn't the case fourteen years ago as I planned to go on this "Walk to Emmaus."

Fourteen years ago I was a bit scared. I was going someplace different, to be with people I hadn't ever met before. My husband had gone the week before and came back all happy and not sharing anything. This was not what I expected. Why couldn't he tell me anything? Why the big secret?

After I went I understood, it wasn't that it was a big secret. He just didn't want me to open my gift to soon. That's exactly what the "Walk to Emmaus" was to me, a gift. A gift of God's love exploding!

This weekend I am sure some of the women who are about to embark on this adventure are a bit nervous. Soon though their fears will be relieved.

The best part about this weekend is the ladies I'm going to get to meet. We each will have our own unique gifts and looks to bring with us. In fact, some may not even want to truly be there and may let us all know it.

But by the end of the weekend though, lives will be touched or changed.

God is so good, that He formed us each in our mother's womb. He's always been with us. I hope each will experience her own gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment