Tuesday, October 21, 2014

This Is Not The Way The Story Goes

God had planned something better for us so only together with us would they be made perfect. Hebrews 11:40 NIV

This past weekend I had the privilege of watching some talented youth perform in "Snow Off White." This play was a mixed up fairy tale with lots of twists and turns.

Snow White ends up meeting Prince Philip who's looking for Rosamond, aka Sleeping Beauty. Snow White must hurry back to the castle to stop a wedding, her father the king is going to marry Velinity the evil witch. Eventually, Snow White and Rosamond end up together and save the kingdom. It was a cute story that ends up with a happily ever after just not the way we would expect.



Funny, how our lives can get mixed up with all kinds of twists and turns. Twenty-four years ago I had my fairy tale wedding and I had a plan how our lives were gonna be. We'd have a few kids live in a nice house and everything would be great, right.

A few months end to our fairy tale we lost a baby. Not exactly how our story was supposed to go.

Years later we almost lost our house. Not the way the story goes.

Medical problems requiring surgery or physical therapy. Life wasn't supposed to be like this.

The thing is with all of these twists and turns my reliance on God grew deeper and deeper. As I look back over the past twenty-four years I can see how God's plans were better than my fairy tale plans.

We were blessed with three more children.

We still live in the same house.

We are all healthy, some of us may have a few less parts though.

It's through these twists and turns that God has made my life better. He's still working on the perfect part, but one day I will get to celebrate my happily ever after with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment