Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rebelling Against the Light

There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths. Job 24:13 NIV

This past week, it seems we've seen more darkness than light. The clouds cover the sun, the rain pours from the sky. At times like these I can feel down, I long for the light.



At times I'm a bit of a rebel. This past week because of the rain, school pickups can become a bit stressful. The first school I picked up from went smoothly, so I drove on to the next school. The street I was on was filled with cars, some were so close that I didn't know if I could actually make it through. I crept along ever so slowly, inching my way through. I was relieved when I arrived at the other end.

I pulled into the school to pick up the child I needed too, and I was stuck behind a bus. I patiently waited and waited. Finally, the bus leaves and I pull where I normally do. Apparently, that didn't work because there was the principle waving me to move forward. I put the van in gear and move forward. She continually waves and I continually have to move. I was a bit annoyed. I mean the child I was to pick up was right there, she would have been in the van and we would have been long gone had she not insisted I keep moving forward.

She apparently didn't like my attitude and she let me know it. "I'm sorry I'm annoying you," she opened my van door, "but we have all these vans to get in here. You need to have a better attitude."

Wow! I apologized, then it hit me. I wasn't showing the light of Christ. I was seeking my own way, even if she was seeking her own way. I should have shown her the love of Christ.

This weekend I had the awesome privilege to be in a small chapel. By small, I mean when ten people are in there we have a crowd. Saturday night we probably had twenty-five in there, but it didn't seem crowded. Most of the crowd was young adults including my children.

The music started and we praised Jesus together! Our voices blended and the sound was glorious. The trouble of the past week was erased during our time of praise. We also prayed for thirteen special young men who were on a journey to grow in their faith. The light of Christ shown through each person there.

So I wonder why at times do we rebel against the light? Why do we think our way is better than His way? Why do we hide from the light?

Are we afraid? Is our ego to big? Do we know better than God?

I encourage us to stay in the light. God knows the right path we need to be on. Trust in His wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment