Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Failure Is Not an Option

David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished." 1 Chronicles 28:20 NIV

Last week was just one of those weeks.

A time to have a pity party and feel sorry for myself.

Failure is how I felt.

Discouragement can creep up on us at any time. The roller coaster of life brings us down sometimes.

This time I felt like a failure because my day care numbers are low again. I knew it was going to be this way, and I am prepared for it. Still when the phone doesn't ring(minus the hundreds of political calls) and no one asking me about my day care; it can bring a person down.

I also feel like a failure because I thought by now, at least the people I know, would have bought "After the Storm". I know, I know more than 7 people and yet that is all the books I sold. I really thought this was the path God wanted me to take. He may still, just waiting to see what His plans are.

On vacation we heard about failure. Orville and Wilbur Wright had a great idea. They had found the ideal location, but they had failed to fly. In 1902, they went home ready to throw in the towel. They had numerous problems, they studied and tried and yet it didn't work out the way they planned.

They went home discouraged. They even thought "it would be a hundred years before men would fly". Upon arriving home they shared that they were ready to give up when their younger sister Katharine, encouraged them to keep trying. So they kept trying and in 1903 they succeeded.



Sometimes we need to fail in order to accomplish great things. Maybe our names won't end up in an encyclopedia, but we can succeed with God on our side.

He will never leave us, He will never forsake us. Through Him we can accomplish what He desires for us.

So even though I felt like a failure I know I'm not. I know I'm doing what God asks of me and all things will work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment