Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's So Dark In Here

And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 2 Peter 1:19 NIV


Patiently they waited their turn, they were excited for the chance to enter the darken tunnel. Finally, it was their time to go. The path wasn't long, they had to feel their way through. Funny thing kept happening though, they kept entering the same room. 

I was able to keep track of them on a video monitor as they made their voyage. I watched as they left the room again only to return there a short time later. One of them made it back to the entrance, and he decided it would be better to go with my daughter, "At least I'll get through then."

Finally the rest of them made it to the exit. 

"I kept bumping my head."

"It was dark in there."

The next group entered, I half expected them to get turned around as well. They managed a lot better. They were through a lot quicker.

"Wow! You guys did well."

"It was the lights on their shoes, it helped."

Light, it can make a big difference even when it's just a tiny bit of light. 

I am often reminded of our trip into Mammoth Cave. We made our way down into the cave to a cathedral type room with benches. Each of us were asked to sit on a bench while our guide turn off the lights in the cave. It was so dark, I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. Then our guide lit a lighter, that little bit of light made all the difference. The room glowed and we could see again.

Our walk in Christ can be the same. When we take the time to share, pray for someone, teach about his love we can be the little bit of light in the darken world. Christ's love can shine through us and let others know of His love.

Shine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment