Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Heart Ached

As a result, he does not live the rest of his life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. 1 Peter 4:2 NIV

What a crazy Holy week I experienced. Some of us felt the ugliness and the confusion over what is happening to our country. It's on the news, on our home page, and all over Facebook.

I was happy to see those take a stand for what we know God desires, even if it meant some of us were ridiculed for it. Standing up for what's right isn't easy, but I understand because I live for the will of God. By living by His will it may mean taking a stand for something we believe in even when others don't. 

This country has lost a lot because Christians were afraid to take a stand. Now though we've come together and try our best.

This week though my heart ached for someone who was taking a stand for what he believed was right. Which is against what the Bible says is right. The part that grieved me most was that he felt Christians were perfect and we shouldn't go around sinning. He apparently has some misguided information about the Bible and it's teachings.

I even shared a Bible verse declaring that we "all our sinners and fall short of the glory of God."Romans 3:23 Of course he took this as me saying I wasn't a sinner and I was looking down on him. In truth I was looking at him in love. Through the eyes of Christ.

You see God loves him just as much as God loves me or anyone else. It because of this love that He sent us Jesus. Jesus would have still come if this man was the only one on earth. Each of us makes mistakes, the biggest difference between me and him is that I've accepted the forgiveness and love of Christ.

I've been praying for this person and I hope that one day he will discover the love of Christ and truly read the Scriptures. Because quoting different verses or different parables without truly understanding them is a misinterpretation. God loves each of us so very much and wants all to come to know Him, so that not one of us will perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment