Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Zap, Not Again

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33 NIV

Trouble at home: the day began fine. Then it seemed to unravel. First, for some strange reason the toilet took an hour to refill after each flush. Kind of a problem when so many of us need to use it. Then while fixing dinner I heard a "zap". I wasn't sure what it was, but it did make me want to stand away from my appliances. When I took the peas out of the microwave and they were still frozen that's when I realized what had happened. The microwave gave up.

Trouble at work: Some days work is great. Other days work is tough. Dealing with children is a joy, but also at times a challenge. Some challenges don't come from the kids at all, but the different inspection agencies that have to come in. They can totally disrupt my day. Sometimes they can be very demanding even worse then the kids. Then there are times when I have to wait for a payment and wait and wait. This can be challenging when I have to pay my bills with these payments.

Trouble in our town: Sure there are a lot of good days, but sometimes crime seems to launch at an all time high. There are beggars at every major intersection. Accidents are on the rise.

Trouble in our country: A bombing, an explosion, hurricanes, blizzards, tornadoes.

One gets the idea: there is trouble all around us. How do we deal with these troubles? Do we throw in the towel? Do we let our anger rise and get the best of us?

Sure some days there seems to be more troubles then other days. At times it can be a bit overwhelming. This is when I need to take it to God, and trust Him to work it out.

He knows troubles will arise after all we live in a fallen world. He has overcome these troubles. He has gained the victory.

One day we will all gain the victory as long as we trust Him. One day we will have no more troubles only perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment