Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"You Want Me to do, What?"

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

"I'm going to stand here and I want you to just fall back. Don't worry I'll catch you." I dared the kids one Sunday during Children's Church.

They looked at me a little strange, but one by one they came forward taking a chance. A chance, I'm not sure I would take with one of them. Mainly because most of them are a good 18 inches shorter and probably 100 pounds lighter than me.

As each one went and the others could see that I'd catch them. It made it easier for the next one to go. After the last one went, my daughter who was graciously helping me volunteers to catch me. "Are you sure?" I looked at her. So in order to prove our lesson on trust, I have to fall into my daughter's arms. I recall the couple of falls I've had in the last few years...followed by the four weeks of physical therapy. Is she serious?

She stands behind me, my back is to her and I do it...I fall. She catches me of course and I breath a sigh of relief.

TRUST- at times, it can be such a hard thing. Other times though-it's easy. We all trust in gravity, I mean we don't even have to even think about it. We get it up-it's there. We walk across the floor-it's there. We don't all of a sudden begin to float away--nope we pretty much stick to the ground.

We also trust in other drivers. The light is red, we believe that the people going in the other direction are going to stop. Same thing when we come to a four-way stop. We trust that the driver's approaching that stop sign are going to do what he/she was taught.

So why do we find it so difficult to TRUST in the one who created us? I mean He knows all, He's all powerful, He's every where, He doesn't make mistakes. Today I was reminded once again that He knows the number of hairs on my head. I mean I don't even know that. God's plans for us are for good. He doesn't want bad things to happen to us. After all He loves us.

Isn't it time for us to fall into His loving arms and TRUST He will work it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment