Tuesday, April 9, 2013

OK, I Get It!

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. Romans 5:1-2a NIV

Have you ever had a message given to you over and over again? It comes a different ways, but the underlying topic is the same.

This past week that's what happen to me. I read several devotions, and within a three day period I received the same message-PEACE.

Finally, I said "I get it Lord, I need to have peace."

The funny thing is I believe my life is pretty peaceful. Sure there are days like yesterday when no one wanted to even consider having peace. The kids were fighting over the dumbest things and were quick to correct each other. The sad part about the correcting was they were saying exactly the same thing. I was at my wits end, "I just need five minutes without having to get onto anyone!"

It took another fifteen minutes before that was possible, finally the peace came.

There eventually will be peace, even in the most chaotic situation. God can come in an intervene. The answer may not be the one we desire, but it usually turns out to be the best one.

We can have peace through our Lord Jesus Christ. I will continue to seek peace even when my day is out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment