Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Don't You Remember Me?

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-- John 10:14

"She says she knows you." One of the dads of my day care kids says when he was picking his child up.

"I don't know if I do, her name's not familiar."

Then when I looked out the door, she was sitting in her car. "You know me, remember I was in day care too with Lauren." Truthfully I didn't remember her, even seeing her didn't send me any memory of her.

"Sure, sure I remember Lauren." Then came the normal kind words of asking how somebody's doing. I racked my brain, but I just couldn't place her face or her name, plus it's been a good fifteen or more years since I was in the group she mentioned. I've meet so many people since then that I just couldn't recall her.

I'm glad though we have a Savior who remembers us. He knows each of us whether it's been an hour since we talked to him or fifteen years. He knows each of us. He will never forget.

In fact, he knew us before we even knew ourselves. He knew that we'd be born and when. He also knew we needed a Savior. He came to earth lived a blameless life. He was afraid when it came time to do what he came to do. Still he did it because in order for each of us to be saved--He had to suffer and die.

He went through what he went through just so each of us could be saved and live forever with him. He would of done it if you were the only one here. He loves you that much.

The best part of this is even though he died, he couldn't be stopped. He conquered death. HE IS RISEN! He wants to be a part of each of our lives, all each need to do is admit you've sinned, believe in Him, and commit and be saved today.

No comments:

Post a Comment