Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Bibe is God Breathed?

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16 NIV

At first I wasn't going to watch it, after all it is showing on a channel that isn't known for being Christian or anything Biblically based. After reading an article though about the producers, I was debating watching it.

I missed the first week, I wasn't even home. The second week though; they showed the first part followed by the second. So I watched, and I'm glad I have. It has been educational.

I'll admit I have read the Bible. I've even managed to read it in it's entirety. There are interesting stories in there, stories that teach. I believe so far they have done a good job of portraying the Bible. Even though some things have come up to make me question if that really was in the Bible. Which inspired me to open the Bible up and follow along, sure enough it was in there.

"I wonder how many people are following along in their Bible's as well?" My husband said as I thumbed around to find where they were at.

"Hopefully a lot," I replied. After all seeing God's word for yourself makes quite an impact.

Sure there have been a few things in this portrayal that may not be quite the way I'd picture it, but aren't most movies about a book like that.

I will continue to watch as God's story and truth continues to unfold. I hope other's do as well. Most importantly though I pray that this will inspire people to get that dusty book off the shelf and open it up to find the most amazing story of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment