Tuesday, March 5, 2013

It Can Happen to Anyone

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Matthew 16:26a

Every time a catch this commercial I think it's for bugs...there is this monstrous looking green thing with teeth. It's a cartoon drawing with the artist drawing it onscreen as the commercial runs. By the end is when I realize the little green monster is a sinkhole.

Sinkholes, I've heard of them and even had to be detoured because one appeared on the highway. That's exactly what they do appear just appear. No one could be more shocked about an appearance of one then a local family. The man went to bed probably just as he did every night. Not realizing the unthinkable was about to happen to him.

His brother heard him yell for help and when he entered his room he saw his bed disappear. He tried to save him, but instead he ended up needing to be saved as the hole grew larger and larger. Yesterday, I saw the hole as crews have torn down the house. It was sad as I realized a man was buried alive there.

The scary thing is this could happen to any of us. Not only this disaster, but any number of things. After all we are not invincible. One day we will all meet our maker. Are you ready?

In the end it doesn't matter what size house you lived, what kind of car you drove, what size TV you had...what matters is if Jesus Christ is your Savior. He is the only one who can give you eternal life.

When I stand face to face to God I want to hear him say "well done my good and faithful servant." My hope is that is want you want to hear as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment