Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Beauty From Ashes

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

When a friend on Facebook posted this picture all I could think "How beautfiul God is." This is her burn pile. A pile used for dead branches and stuff that will no longer grow. She happened to wonder to the pile one day and to her surprise saw this beautiful sunflower growing amongst the dead. The sun light shinning on it is spectacular.

Sometimes its hard to stand for what's right, when the pile around us is closing in. It's hard to say "this is what I believe," when so many turn the other way.

I can put myself here as this flower, and know that God is with me. His love can warm me and help me know that even if I'm among the pile where there is no growth. He will help me florish.

No comments:

Post a Comment