Monday, October 31, 2011

My Life Changed for the Better

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

The sanctuary was empty and I was in the back. A song went through my head, a song that spoke to my heart and let me know that I needed a Savior. It was in the back of this little church that I accepted Jesus as my Savior.

I can't exactly remember the song, and I don't know the date. I do know the place and can still picture it today. I was just entering my teen years, and it was the Lord who helped me not to get into to much trouble.

Unfortunately, though I did not completely trust the Lord with everything. For some reason I figured God and money didn't mix--crazy I know. So for years, I lived the way the world did with my money. I spent it on things before paying the bills. I maxed out credit cards, and almost lost our home.

After my daughter was born, the day came when we were served. Our home was about to be foreclosed on. It was on this day when I completely surrendered. I gave the Lord all of my problems, and left it all at the cross. This was the day my life changed for the better.

The Lord sent us the answer to save our home, and we worked hard to stick to his plan. I have occasionally wondered back to the old ways, but soon realize it and get back on the right path. That's the best thing about God, he continually forgives every time I ask.

I am far from perfect. I make mistakes. I try to follow the Lord's plans for me as best I can, so when I don't take part in something the "world" does. Don't look down on me.

I am a new creation and everyday I try to walk in His light.

No comments:

Post a Comment