Monday, October 10, 2011

Bravery in the Light

When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him... Luke 24:30-31a NIV

The day that I left was filled with unplanned events. A visit from the inspector, limited time, and high spirited children. When I finally was able to step into the camp, I was much relieved.

This weekend I served on a Walk to Emmaus weekend. A weekend that I decided to take a part of with somewhat selfish reasons. I needed to have my cup refilled. I've come away with it partially refilled, but I now have the knowledge to help continue to get it completely filled .

I was able to feel God's agape (unconditional) love for me this weekend. His hands and feet were shown to me numerous times. A new friend offered to get my luggage, since I would be arriving a little late. She not only brought my luggage to the camp, but made my bed!

The weekend also brought rain, mostly the last day. During my rush to get ready, I never even thought to grab my umbrella. I did have a jacket. Many times though someone offered to hold their umbrella over me.

My food was served to me for a change, and the beautiful dinner we had one night showed each of us how special we are. Different people volunteered to cook the meals for this three day walk, and others volunteered to serve it to us. I have had my fill of desserts, and let me say they weren't skimpy on the serving sizes. I'm lucky my clothes still fit!

This weekend served as a reminder to me that I need to be God's hands and feet. Also that I'm not alone in my Christian journey. I discovered just a small percentage of how many Christians are in my community arranging in a variety of ages and races.

I've also been reminded that I'm on the right journey, and that I need to stay in touch with Him to keep checking on my journey.

It was a joy to serve my Lord, as he fed me. New friends were made and lives were changed. I have the strength to once again to bravely walk in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment