Monday, October 3, 2011

God Lights the Path

His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. Luke 1:50

God has been gracious to us, and taught me new lessons. God never ceases to amaze me.

As everything has begun to run out, somehow I find just enough of it to get us through. One of these things was ketchup, apparently I stocked up during a buy one get one free sale. I just didn't realize how much we had. I kept thinking we were using the last bottle and I'd be getting something else and find another bottle. It was as if they multiplied.

In fact just today, I found some allergy medicine that I didn't think I had anymore. Just last week my husband located more sinus medicine just when I took the last of it. This has happened over and over again. God has shown us His mercy.

A lesson I have learned is that we don't need all the convience food that I usually buy. I don't buy a lot of it anyway, but fries and frozen pizza are really convient. A bag of potatoes is a lot cheaper and it doesn't take to long to slice them for fries. This week I made pizza, since the recipe was for two pizzas, our pizza is already made and frozen for Friday. Hopefully, as I can now buy more than $30-50 worth of groceries at a time, I will remember and not go back to what's easier.

Life has been hard, but God's light has gotten me through and continues to light the path I'm walking on.

No comments:

Post a Comment