Monday, September 26, 2011

Friends Help Divide the Burden

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning his command is that you walk in love. 2 John 6

This week has certainly shown me how friends can help lessen the burden. As I planned for the yard sale, not knowing how much we'd bring in with what little we had. Friends came forward and added to their "stuff" to our treasures.

A friend who I barely see or even talk to, came forward with some things she'd like to give us for our sale. I gladly accepted, and felt cared for as I went forth with God's plan. She found some more things and was able to bring them to another friend who I see on a daily basis, this in turn had this friend bring us more "stuff" to sell. Then another friend had a couple more things to add to our yard sale.

With all this "stuff", we now had more things to sell. Not only did friends come forward to donate things, but each of my kids went through and sacrificed things to sell. It was a Walton or Little House moment with all of us coming together to help each other out.

Our yard sale didn't bring us BIG money, but it did bring in enough to help buy the groceries for this week. With all of these blessings, I wasn't even brought down when my husband's brakes locked up on his car. This will of course need to be fixed, which will be just as soon as we can.

The day to get caught up by is approaching, but I know with God all things are possible and it will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment