Monday, September 19, 2011

Trust, It can be So Hard Sometimes

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

TRUST, is now a word I see every time I enter my room. My husband found a cross that he received, and hung it on our wall. Since it is something new hung in our room, it keeps capturing my attention.

As we keep facing trials, it is a word I am clinging to. A song keeps repeating in my mind: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart...", it is one that we sing a lot in children's church. I learn a lot of Bible verses this way, which if I'm learning them just thinking what those young minds are learning.

Anyway, I've been having a hard time with my understanding. I can't understand why three of the children in my day care had their funding stopped without a word from the county. They were quick to call me at the beginning of the month, but that was all straightened out. Why couldn't they just offer a phone call 10 days later when unbeknowest to those it matters too they dropped them?

I mean we would have done things a lot different. Instead we find out a month later-that's a month without pay and by the time they were back on the program six weeks had gone by. The parents are trying to make it up, but it's slow considering they are on the program because of their income.

I also don't understand all the other bills that have come due are more than they usually are. Or things breaking down. Especially, now as we are trying to cut back expenses as much as we can. It'll work out fine as long as we keep groceries down.

As I went to bed Friday night, once again wondering "why, when I am trying to follow the Lord, does this keep happening?" I put in the Lord's hands and awoken with new ways to hopefully earn the much needed money--a yard sale.

We all went to work and have found stuff we no longer need or use. So come bright and early Saturday morning we will TRUST in God to see the blessings flow. He will certainly straighten our path, and will help us walk in his glory.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading in the first chapter of Deuteronomy today and was pulled in by these verses.

    "29Then I said to you, 'Do not be in dread or afraid of them. 30The LORD your God who goes before you will himself fight for you, just as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes, 31and in the wilderness, where you have seen how the LORD your God carried you, as a man carries his son, all the way that you went until you came to this place.' 32Yet in spite of this word you did not believe the LORD your God,"

    Trust in hard, but we must.

    ReplyDelete