Monday, September 5, 2011

Dread, Depressing Days

The beginning of my week was horrible. It seems as if the devil has been hard at work trying to bring me down.

It isn't enough that because of the county saying "We never received a fax," that I'm now out a consiberable amount of money and have to wait for it to come through the guardians who really don't have the money in the first place. But then to have the orthodnotist decided to take my artistic daughter braces off early and demand the final payment on her next visit.

Let's just say the week went down hill from there. Everything seemed to go wrong. Funny how when I study the book of Job, how my life begins to be like his. Not nearly as bad, but depressing and challenging none the less.

Still like Job, I will not turn my back on God. He is the one who gets me through.

My week began to get better and the little bit of joy began to shine through. First with friends who came beside me and help me know they were praying for me. Then with lots of birthday wishes from friends and family.

Finally, it was through a birthday gift a morning glory. As my sister-in-law shared this plant has new flowers every morning just like God's mercies are new every morning. Sure enough the next morning new flowers were on the plant and as we left for church that morning the song "Great is the faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see." Then to make sure I really received the message God placed it in the book I was reading as it ended the characters in the book decided to end their evening together singing one of the main characters favorite songs. Yep, you've guessed it "Great is the Faithfulness."

So as bad as my day may get, God is still there and his mercies are new every morning.

1 comment:

  1. God remains good; no matter the circumstances. Thanks for sharing your heart. By the way, I love to see those three little ones tagging after you at band. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete