Monday, October 24, 2011

Flashback

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24

Have you ever been somewhere and felt like you've done this before? That's what happen to me Saturday night as we were singing praise songs.

We attended a Emmaus Gathering, where we ate to much, and we praised the Lord together. The band had added a member to their group for the night, and she introduced the songs. She also played and sang. This special lady used to lead a group my husband was a part of about 10 to 14 years ago.

As she sang and played, it brought me back to a special time. Our church at the time had a Sunday evening service called the Dove's Nest. We went because they played newer Christian songs and my husband could participate in it. It was a wonderful service.

This is probably where I personally experienced a lot of spiritual growth, and made some life long friends. It was an informal service, and we were free to ask the pastor questions. This setting made it comfortable and freeing.

Saturday evening was just a reminder of where I had been, and how much I've grown and continue to grow in my walk with Christ. It was nice to worship with these special friends, and her now grown daughter who was in the band with her husband. It was also great to be there with my family, and the new friends I have recently made.

The time and place may have changed, but the Holy Spirit was there as we worshipped God in truth and love.

Thanks Lord for bringing be back to a wonderful memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment