Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Crazy Clock

Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm, and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure. Ecclesiastes 8:5 NIV

It never ceases to amaze me how many times I look at something and not realize how much I rely on it, until it stops working.

Last week was another crazy week in our home. The A/C unit decided to freeze up and trust me when I say this is not the time of year for the air conditioner to be on the fritz. Around the same time our toilet decides not to flush right. Then dry wall decided to fall from the ceiling where my husbands foot went through six months ago.  

My wonderful clock also decided now would be the time to stop working. Honestly I do not understand what is going on with this clock. A few weeks ago it decided to stop working. 

"Not to big a deal," so I thought. "Just need to change the battery." This of course took a few days. I am unable to do it since it's high on a wall, so have to wait for the tall people in my family to fix it. After a week of looking at it a hundred times and it telling me the same time; I took the fixing of the clock into my own hands. 

Stretching, barely reaching, almost falling...I manage to take the clock down. As I pull it down the nail and hook that holds it on the wall comes with it and plummets to the pile below. "Great!"

I set the clock on the table, hoping now that I've changed the battery someone else would put it back. It worked, of course the person who did it had to find the nail and hook. Yippee, my clock worked again until later that day.

We decided the only way to fix it was to get new batteries, the rechargeable's just weren't working.  After a trip to the store we had success, the clock worked again. Until this week.

Saturday the clock stopped again. Then the crazy thing got reset and is working once again, ten minutes fast mind you. The ten minutes fast have sure thrown me off too.



This has made me wonder, when do I know the proper time to do anything? I know, I know simply look at another clock.

But it goes deeper than that, when is the proper time to publish my book? When is the proper time to move ahead with the plan? When is the proper time stand up for what's right?

The only way to know for sure is to trust in God to lead us. When we obey Him and trust Him as our guide, the proper time will arrive whether clock works or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment